Gamification is a largely misunderstood and under-explored topic when it comes public sector service design and delivery. Yet, both games and gamification offer possibilities for Government to engage citizens and promote both behavioural change and eduction. During this one-hour panel session, PUBLIC will be bringing together voices from academia, industry, and government to:
1) Unpack the core principles and concepts of gamification, and differentiates gamification from game-based learning.
2) Consider how the principles of gamification might be incorporated into the design of public sector services or used to further the aims of government.
3) Focus on the government’s NetZero targets as an illustrative case study to examine how the behaviour change element of gamification can be employed to address wicked problems.
- Marcus Thornley, Founder, Play Consulting
- Michael Pattinson, Director of Digital Factory, Network Rail
- Sarah Finnie Robinson, Director, The 51 Project
- Josh Graham, Founder, People’s Plan
- Lichelle Wolmarans, Venture Associate, PUBLIC (chair)